Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just Breath

Do these seem like crazy times to you?

Maybe it's just that we are so connected, what happens on the other side of the world is instant news to us.

What happens in New York is news in little old Gainesville, not in the time it took for news to be hand delivered but in the instant it happens.

I know that in the investment business it is probably the worst thing that could have happened. We have gone from investors to traders.

In my experience people don't get rich overnight.

The overnight success has been at it for 15 years. there is always the exception, the person who inherits a fortune or wins the lottery (maybe there the same thing?)

As a respected friend recently said to me, "If I were king I would only price stocks once a year and maybe even not that often".

The feedback is causing most of us more problems than it is solving.

Maybe it's time to take a step back and catch our breath.

No comments: